penjpet

BLOCK FEN, MEPAL CAMBS

Wally is on the slipway now' date=' has been for about 14 years. We have a static van down there.[/quote']

i remember Wally in his camper  van,friendly and helpful chap.Last time i skied there the council had took over the slipway manning the gate,are they still charging to use the slipway?

Wally still has his campervan, lovely old boy.Some standups use the slip, I used to years ago with my standup, especially if there was good waves. No body else could launch except the standups. The council charge now for a launch permit, £20 a year, you need rya, insurance and I think datatag, then the launching is free.

Yep I just need to do my RYA then I think i'd give it a go there' date=' aslong as there are some other skis out.

Its just getting my ski up that ramp.  [/quote']

Well i have a stand up and would like to go out there with someone,im only near Ely, need to do my RYA aswell..

matt

Have you been to Mepal Matt? What ski you ride?

I think getting up the ramp at heacham would be my problem. That would be pushing my ol'306 too far. Maybe able to haul ski and trailer up by hand. I'll take a look at ramp this weekend I think.

Anyone a member of Hunstanton Ski club?

Yes looking at  it i think it will handle it. I'd have to be carefull when turning around though not to go onto the sand and get stuck with a load of tourists watching.

Have you been out this year at heacham spoons?

Ill be glad when we get some decent weather

Ramp short but steep land side. Cars have no problems, you always see people driving up the ramp in their cars to have a nose, usually when there is no skis or boats about. Plenty of room up top to turn and reverse.

Hunstanton club far too expensive, considering the cost at Heacham just a couple of miles away.

Have you been to Mepal Matt? What ski you ride?

I think getting up the ramp at heacham would be my problem. That would be pushing my ol'306 too far. Maybe able to haul ski and trailer up by hand. I'll take a look at ramp this weekend I think.

Anyone a member of Hunstanton Ski club?

Yep often go to Mepal.I ride a Kawasaki 750 sxi pro.. is a cool ski to ride,though im not very good on it!!! but is a laugh..

I tow my ski with a rover 600,and will go almost anywhere,and dont matter if ya get it wet/dirty..what do you guys ride?

Sun is shining not too windy I guess we are off to Mepal to try out our new tower for the first time' date=' hope my cold doesn't end up getting worse!Smile[/quote']

Just started raining here,have fun,i dont think i will make it over today just havent got the time .Finally got the skis painted this week,well top half anyway,i post some pics if your interested?

Steve

Superjet I ride. Just back from heacham and yeah ramp looks fine. Really windy down there today.

So how do you go about launching after I do my RYA? Do you just need the permit and to let the man on the ramp know?

Go to the oasis centre in Hunstanton and get a permit to launch. £20 I think a year if you are not a member of any club. You need to take rya certificate, valid insurance datatag details ande payment. Im renewing mine soon. They dont always ask to see it on the ramp. Usually a council worker ckecks, but he is only there from the about april to the end of the kids summer holidays, or there abouts.

Well, we went to the lake, by the time we got there the wind had got up and it was raining, the water was freezing, ended up with an icecream head,Cry but it was good to be on the water again - i think!, got home boiler has packed up, power cut, house full of 15-16 year olds staying the night, taking the standup todaySmile to recover!

All I can say is what a waste of a lovely day, first decent day we have and we are stuck at homeAngry, mind you my arms are hurting from first tow of the year the day before!, hoping to get the ski serviced this week so we can get out later in the weekSmile

All I can say is what a waste of a lovely day' date=' first decent day we have and we are stuck at homeAngry, mind you my arms are hurting from first tow of the year the day before!, hoping to get the ski serviced this week so we can get out later in the weekSmile[/quote']

So jealous wish we could get out!,soon hopefully

Forecast for later in the week is going down hill againAngry may try and get the ski in on the way back from Pump Action Friday, can't make it Saturday, hopefully going to meet a Moto GP riderSmile

Ski serviced this morning, washers replaced, called in at Mepal on the way home, ski runs like brand new and goes like a rocket, didn't realise that it had lost so much power, although she has done 190 hours, but was really pleased in the difference from the end of last year, also did four sets on the board and now my arms hurt like heck!Big%20smile  Forecast for the weekend is pantsAngry