ok guys i may need som advice and help ,made the engine fit today ,and i pained the hull 3 years ago for this project and did not start it as i had no time ,but im going to finish it now i hope will a little help from you guys i hope pics so far.

2002_0101_101000BX.jpg

this is how i did the engine mounts

DSCF0824.jpg

the engine fully rebuilt in now fitted in the hull.

DSCF0802.jpg

i got the exhaust to line up.

exhaust2.jpg

my main peoblem will be the wires .

ok here are the pic of evrything i have got for my build.

dont know if i can use this its 41.5mm at the top

013.jpg

and 34.5 at the bottom?

012.jpg

my alloy pole this took me some time to sand and polish to mirror finish (i have left some polish on it ) and had to mave a chin pad if anyone has any idrars on what to use for a chin pad please let me know as i dont like the one i made.

003.jpg

some more parts i hope to use

004-2.jpg

right he we go i got a new impellor and a cone for it then i was told i need a 17 impellor so i get one then i get the top loader for it and a metal pump noz .

005.jpg

ok you see another impellor umm i got that from the usa for a 550 but it wont fit the thread is very fine and it wont go on the shaft ,cost me £100 and i cant use it,its 17 one ,i got a pump wedge as in 13.5 stone and should help me keep the nose down i got a 550 electric box as i was told i will need it.i think that is a 650 retifier ,fuel pump and start stop buttons builge fitting and some fittings im not sure about.

006-2.jpg

inside my electric box

007.jpg

bars, roster booster,k&n,filter mount ,stearing plate,bilge pumps i got 2 one is an automatc one.

008.jpg

ride plate air filter engine mount.

009-1.jpg

another air filter

011.jpg

engine

015-1.jpg

more engine shot so you can see what i have got.

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

014.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024-1.jpg

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

what do you need to know ?  are you using a conversion plate for the motor ? and 650 electrics

I have loads of 550 part and my mate has loads of 650 parts let me know if you need help 

keep it real go green !!! 

ok heres my set up and impeller im going to use
pic from top
009-1-1.jpg
pic from side
003-1.jpg

pic from top

0012.jpg 

OR NOT ! JUST FOUND OUT THE IMPELLOR IS FOR A 440 but I DO HAVE A SECOND IMPELLOR THAT IS A 17DEG ONE BUT JUST GOT TOLD I NEED A 19 ONE.and i went and got a new std 550 one anyone want to watch me burn £10 notes as i feal like thats what im doing lol

must have spent £250 on wrong impellor so far.

the joys

and the plate mode i done just got told  it wont work ,i have just ordered a convertion plate from the usa as i cant find any here.

is this the way i shoud wire it up?

This is what it should look like when finished. You can't seal up the box until you are ready to install it (after the engine is in the ski.)

%7Boption%7DElectricalbox5.jpg
scottscotland2010-07-03 12:49:25

thing have gone a little mad

e b a y   lol

i just got 3 550sx skis one has a fully rebuilt engine but they are all in bits .(it will take me a week with all the boxes of stuff to work out what i need ,it filled my transit to the roof.(going to try and make my brother a ski and use the rest for my 650 project)

Bwo1HqwWkKGrHqVjkEv10DB6HBMJ7CZYW_1.jpg

BwozusQBWkKGrHqJiYEv1znJpBMJ6-ojwdQ.jpg

thats just some of the bits.

You seem to be going around in circles with props and pumps so here is a little info as well as I can remember it.

The ski you have is a pre 1990, you can tell this because the side mats are not moulded and it has a side exhaust. This ski had the larger threaded prop and a mixed flow pump that was pretty inefficient and a poor choice for a 650 engine.

In 1990 the pump and intermediate shaft changed, this prop had a smaller thread and the pump was far better, this was the same pump as on the post 1990 skis with the silver reed engines you have just bought.

The other pump commonly used for high horsepower (if you can call them that) 550's was the 440 pump, this is axial flow and was the choice of pumps back in the 550 mod class racing days, this pump uses the same inter shaft as the one on your pre 1990 550.

Hope this at least helps a bit.

Chris.

your fuel line routing diagram is spot on! your carb is a keihen (not sure on spelling) looks like a 44.

and i also have a pump if u need one £10 07972122134 alex

thanks but i was going to look to see if i had i and spoted on pic 9 i have one thanks again alex for you help (i was well happy i worked out the fuel lines Big smile as im not that great with things like that )

the carbs are twin keihin cdkII 42mm( i think )i have stripped them down and cleaned them up the jests are 95 and 78 ,i have been told it was used on a 650cc kawasaki. with the exhaust in the pic.

is anyone running this sort of setup on there 650cc as i would love to know what jets they are useing.