Westy

Can we build a database?

Hello Westy,

Are are working on a new system to go live soon, It will give users the option to put their location on our system (google map style) so members can see each others locations.

One other crucial feature is we can allow custom pointers. So we will be looking at setting a launching section as you are asking. we hope to get it up in a few weeks, we are just doing some final bug testing etc.

19 hours ago, E:maginehosts said:

Hello Westy,

Are are working on a new system to go live soon, It will give users the option to put their location on our system (google map style) so members can see each others locations.

One other crucial feature is we can allow custom pointers. So we will be looking at setting a launching section as you are asking. we hope to get it up in a few weeks, we are just doing some final bug testing etc.

This sounds mega useful, I started making my own google map but would be fantastic if everyone put in their contributions to make a full picture.

By the way, I'm a developer who works in PHP (normally eCommerce but not limited to) - happy to help out should the need arise.

Nice of you Meph. It would be a cracking tool if it can be done well. As far as I know one like it doesn't exist yet (not a good one anyway). The first question anyone asks when they buy a jetski is "where can we launch". 

56 minutes ago, Westy said:

Nice of you Meph. It would be a cracking tool if it can be done well. As far as I know one like it doesn't exist yet (not a good one anyway). The first question anyone asks when they buy a jetski is "where can we launch". 

Yeh it would be very very useful, I was quite surprised to see one didn't already exist. It would also be good if it listed places that no longer accept jetskis, I've seen several threads which talk about this or that place, only to find they stopped jet ski launch years ago.

Good idea to list places that don't allow skis as well as those that do. I hope it can be done. There is one called "boatlaunch"  but it isn't much use for jetskis, more for general boating.

7 minutes ago, Westy said:

Good idea to list places that don't allow skis as well as those that do. I hope it can be done. There is one called "boatlaunch"  but it isn't much use for jetskis, more for general boating.

Yeh I got all excited when I saw that one, then ralised it wasn't very good for skis :(

Would be good to have the map of user locations as well, would be pretty good to have meetups and the like.

I'm away with the family this week but will get it setup next week

I think we can have as many maps as we wish ie , members locations, Launch sites and NON launch sites etc

I suppose what I had in mind for the launches map was the ability to pin each launch location. Hopefully we could add info for the launch like price, parking, difficulty in launching, photos and any restrictions etc. Hover over the pin or click it for the uploaded details of that launch.

Edited by Westy