Sign in to follow this  
Greggster

Calling all southerners :)

Hi all, 

My first post, lots of great info on here :)

I've got an itch to buy a pwc, and am looking for local buddies. I'm based near Kingston in Surrey at the moment. Was wandering if anyone was local or on the south coast who could show me the ropes when I'm up and running? Clubs seem to be short on the ground? 

I'm hoping to have a pwc that I can run down to the coast when I've had some training and some lake time. I used to live in Southern Ireland with work and had a few speed boats and loved being out on the water, but I've never even sat on a jet ski :o

Cheers, Gregg

Welcome aboard, I reckon that's one of the most sensible newbee posts I have ever seen. I am a little further south so cannot help with your questions, but some of the others will answer I'm sure

11 hours ago, Greggster said:

had a few speed boats and loved being out on the water, but I've never even sat on a jet ski :o

Cheers, Gregg

Hi Gregg not in that area myself but if you fancy getting up close and personal with a ski then you have lagoona park just off the M4 at reading  and Russell powerboats just over the border in Hampshire, both have lakes and dealerships.

i would suggest doing the RYA PWC course as a it's cheaper than hiring a ski for a day (£150 for a day rather than £50+ for an hour) or a safari (day out on a ski cruising with an instructor) before jumping in and buying.

loads of suitable crusiing ski's on the market from a couple of grand used to £14k for a brand new one

Edited by HDAV

Hi guys 

Dont forget to put your lsunch sites you use in our new launch map area. For this situation.  As it lets people know local areas to you . That they can  ski when away from home etc.