nikkinokkinoo

Residual water in the hull

Hi, I have a Seadoo GTI 2013. I have only used it once. I did the flush through and sprayed down the engine with fresh water. I applied some aerospace 303 protection to the engine / bay and let the water drain from plugs. 

In the bottom of the hull water is still there and doesn't fully clear. I used a sponge to get rid of the excess - should I be worried by a bit of water in the hull ?

Aerospace 303 protectant ??????  How come your using this in the engine bay?  

It wont do nothing in there buddy........great on your car dashboard but has no water repellant /displacement properties at all.......   might as well use mr sheen as 303..

Got my fix for the next 2-3 years delivered today! I have tried a few corrosion protectors.......Fluid film Is the best I have come across.......in a different league to GT85. I use it on loads of things.......Good for the trailer too........mine is 5 years old.....ski has 300hrs on it, so that is a lot of beach launches........wheels are still like new......not a spot of rust!

DSC_0209.JPG

3 hours ago, nikkinokkinoo said:

Hmmm - what about the sticky residue ? do you get that ?

Well.....that's what protects everything!

Actually, it is not really that sticky as such .......it can be wiped off with a rag any time with no effort ......it does not harden... it .does not evaporate & it will not wash off, so you do not have to keep applying it after every ride.

GT85 & many others need to be applied often as they do evaporate. so while something like Fluid Film seems expensive initially.......it works out cheaper in the long run I reckon.

Here's a couple of pics........the hub has been re painted.....they never put enough paint on from new, but the wheel is original, just protected with Fluid Film. As I said 300hrs on the engine & still looks not too far off new......you can see what the Fuid Film coating looks like on the fuel rail.

DSC_0213.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG